April is here and Spring is in the air, I am hoping this email finds you all in good cheer. What a great month this is going to be if you consciously choose to make it so. Everyday we awaken and have the opportunity to make today a GREAT day! We actually get to decide this in advance or we get to consciously do nothing and let everyone else around us decide what type of day we are going to have. I suggest starting the morning with the conscious choice to have a GREAT day but only you can make that happen.
This month I will discuss one of the most requested topics and certainly one of my most popular programs (make sure to read to the bottom to see more details on this months Healthy Lifestyle Educational Series Program), Stress Management the Natural Way.
Stress Management the Natural Way
When you are STRESSED it has a HUGE negative impact on your health and the health of everyone you interact with.
- Stress costs us $300 billion/yr in disability, productivity and absenteeism
- 75-90% of all Dr. visits are stress related
- Stress is the primary health problem in America today
How Does Stress Affect Your Health? Read More …
- Digestion Problems
- Asthma & Allergies
- High Blood Pressure
- Heart Problems
- Sleep Disturbance
- Skin Conditions
- Poor Immune Function
- Slower Healing
- Depression and Anxiety
- Weight Gain
Just to name a few …
Stress comes in 3 different forms:
The Chemical Stressors include:
- Drugs & Alcohol
- Prescription and over-the-counter Medications
- The Biggest Chemical Stressor is: The Food we eat – refined, processed foods, junk food, white sugar, white flour, soda …
- Heavy Backpacks, Briefcases & Purses
- The Biggest Physical Stressor is: SEDENATARY LIFESTYLE & POOR POSTURE
The Mental/Emotional Stressors Include Relationships & Perceived Experiences:
- The Biggest Mental/Emotional Stressor is: Your Relationship with & Perception of YOURSELF.
Stress Management Tool:
What if there was a way to improve the function of your body so that you did not have to worry about stress management but were more focused on “Stress Utilization”?
What does this mean? This means improving how your body processes the Chemical, Physical & Mental Emotional Stressors to a point that the stress becomes Eustress (stress that your body could use in a positive fashion to make you stronger vs wear you down). Doesn’t this sound GREAT?
The tools below are designed to help reduce your stress load. The problem is, the system that controls how your body handles stress, your nerve system, is most likely in a state of overwhelm and until this is addressed, you can never get past the stage of chasing after problems that you already have that were caused by stress.
Chiropractic care removes the stress from your nerve system, freeing it up to be able to more easily process and handle the stressors you experience. When you combine a clear and healthy nerve system (derived from regular chiropractic care) with the tools listed below, you will become a “Stress Utilizer”, utilizing the stress you experience to make you stronger mentally, physically, spiritually & emotionally instead of allowing it to wear you down.
Call Stern Chiropractic TODAY to learn how you can Take Control of Your Stress!
Lifestyle Changes to Reduce Your Stress
- There are things you can control and things you cannot control
- Focus on the things you CAN Control
- Healthy Lifestyle – easy ways to address the 3 types of stress
Eat a Healthy Diet – veggies, fruit, whole grains, lean meats & WATER.
Daily Exercise including exercise for postural muscles (feel free to contact Dr. Stern for more information on posture exercises).
Restorative Rest – if you are not awakening rested each morning you are either not getting enough sleep or the quality of your sleep is poor. You need enough restorative rest!
Your Thoughts/Beliefs Create Your Reality – make sure your head is in the right place & focusing on what you really desire.
- Maintain a HEALTHY NERVE SYSTEM – the master control system of your body deserves at least the same level of care and maintenance you give to your teeth (regular brushing, flossing & check-ups) and car (regular lube & oil). Get your family’s nerve systems checked regularly, at Stern Chiropractic, to achieve your highest Quality of Life!
Addition Stress Management Tools:
- Goal Setting – Have a plan
- Organization –prepared & organized
- Remove yourself from a stressful situation
- Re-frame the stressor in your mind
How will this affect me in a week, a month, a year …
Find the positives
- Change Your Paradigms – altering the way you perceive your environment and how you let things affect you is truly getting to the source of stress management. This is very difficult but is a MUST if you want to be the master of your destiny.
- Create a space where you can De-Stress (light, smell, sound)
- Meditate – clearing your mind
- Visualize – Change your focus with visualization and change your thoughts to change your reality
- Breathing – slow deep breathing
Healthy Lifestyle Educational Series
Wellness – Mind, Body & Spirit
Dr. Stern will be offering monthly health and wellness programs to help you and your family Maximize your life Potential and Optimize Your Health. Please join us on the 2nd Monday of each month at 6:30 pm for LIFE CHANGING information that will help guide you and your family to greater levels of Love, Joy, Health and Happiness.
Advance Registration is Required!
This month’s program will be held on Monday April 8th at 6:30 pm at our office and the topic will be Stress Management the Natural Way (click this link to see full details).
View the Healthy Lifestyles Educational Series Schedule and make your reservation TODAY!
Dr. Stern is an expert on Healthy Lifestyles and Wellness for children and adults.
Call Stern Chiropractic TODAY and let us help guide you and your family toward a HEALTHIER and more JOYFUL LIFE!